Information about CAMPUS HUB
In this privacy notice, references to "CAMPUS HUB", "we" or "us" or "our" are to "CAMPUS HUB" You can confirm about how your information is handled, by contacting us.
Scope of our privacy notice
This notice applies to anyone who interacts with us in relation to services provided ("you", "your"), via any channel (e.g. app, email, phone. We may give you additional privacy notices if required for specific interactions. If you offer/ accept services with other User (Third-party), that partner will use your personal data as shown in their privacy notice. This privacy notice applies to individuals who enquire about, purchase or make use of services provided by us, such as when a user signs up with CAMPUS HUB, modifies his/her account, access a service, requests on-demand services, contacts customer support. It describes how we handle your information, regardless of the way you contact us (e.g. app, email, phone etc). Sometimes we will provide you with additional information or notices, depending on the way we interact with each other, e.g. if you use particular functionality on our app, we may explain how that functionality uses your information. If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Ways in which we obtain personal information
Categories of personal information
We process two categories of personal information about you namely:
- Standard personal information (e.g. information we use to contact you, identify you or manage our relationship with you). and
- Special categories of information (It indicates your preferences how you want to render the service on the basis of your manual selection/ past experience).
- Contact Information: We collect your name, user name, CAMPUS name, e-mail address and telephone number(s), if you choose to upload manually or connect your Google account to your CAMPUS HUB account.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your deposit/withdraw of money. If someone else uses an CAMPUS HUB referral code you have given them, CAMPUS HUB may associate that other person with you to ensure that you receive the benefit of having made that referral.
- Account History: We collect details of your services and of contact we have had with you, such as complaints or incidents.
- Usage and Preference Information: We collect information about how you interact with our app.
- Log Information: We collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services
- Device Information: We collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information to help us understand how our app is performing across a range of devices and to help us identify the cause of "crashes" and potential performance improvements.
- Necessary for the performance of a contract: where we have a contract with you, we will process your personal information in order to fulfill that contract (i.e. to provide you and others you have booked accommodation for with products and services).
- In our or a third parties' legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below.
- Where we are required to or is otherwise permitted by law
- We have your consent: we would ask for any consent to process your special category data separately (your consent is not assumed simply because you have read this privacy notice).
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claims
We process your personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including providing you with services, administering our relationship with you, for marketing and service/product improvement purposes and in order to exercise our rights or handle claims. More detailed information about our legitimate interests is set out below. We process your personal information for the following legitimate interests (taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms):
- To provide and administer services on our platform in respect of your preferences.
- To ensure that you can interact with us securely, e.g. we authenticate users.
- To improve our services and develop new features for the CAMPUS HUB app, and offering, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems. to conduct data analysis, testing, and research. and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
- To send you marketing that we think will be of interest to you (including information about services, promotions, and events) and to personalise your experience of us (in each case as permitted by law), including to identify your preferences, provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements. You can opt-out of marketing at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any emails you receive, adjusting your device settings to block notifications or contacting us.
- To prevent fraud and abuse of our services.
- To exercise our rights and to defend ourselves from claims, or
- To participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger or acquisition or all or part of the CAMPUS HUB
Marketing and Preferences
We use your personal information to send you marketing by telephone, social media platforms, email, SMS, application notifications and silent notifications to track installation status of the application. We may also use your personal information to carry out online paid marketing activities in the nature of retargeting. We also use technology to help us understand your personal preferences and interests so that we can send recommendations and marketing communications that are likely to be of more interest to you. Using technology in this way is sometimes known as profiling. If you wish to unsubscribe from emails sent by us, you can do so at any time by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link that appears in all emails and by adjusting the settings on your device to turn off notifications from our app. Otherwise, you can always contact us at campushubofficial[@]gmail.com to update your contact preferences. You may also object to profiling relating to direct marketing by contacting us.
Sharing your information
- Third party suppliers that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
- Your contact if you use a referral feature.
- The general public, if you submit content as public post, or other features of services that are obviously viewable by the general public. For example, you may choose to use social sharing features and related tools which let you share your CAMPUS HUB experience with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of these features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on your social sharing service settings. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- Third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. law enforcement officials, government authorities).
- With the police in the exercise of their functions or with others as required by a court order.
- Third parties where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.