- Tried to install peervpn.
- Copied commands from website to install peervpn.
- There was one command which said to copy peervpn to /usr/local.
- It said 'not enough permissions'.
- Tried to rectify it blindlessly by copying pasting commands.
- One command was to chown /usr/local and chmod it 777
- By mistake I did it on /usr/
- I knew the damage has been done
- I first error that I faced with was that of sudo (Fixed by using pkexec through console)
- After that fixed permissions of crontab, passwd
- Then was the apocalypse of postgresql.
- I uninstalled it but by chance backed up the data (/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/)
- Purged and installed postgres again and copied the data back
- Things are somewhat in control now
- Still the issue of mail remains [Solved]
Subscribe to Albega
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox